Monday, May 31, 2010

Super Punch Interview: Benjy

(Super Punch interviews are posted every Monday. Please read the bottom of this post if you'd like to participate.)

Meet Benjy:



1. What is your idea of the perfect day?

Okay, I am awoken by my beautiful girlfriend with Pancakes, Bacon and a cup of tea. Then I hear that work is closed because of Snow. So, we get up and watch a Friends double bill. Around eleven, I shower and get dressed in my new TeeFury t-shirt and my Wested Leather Jacket to go to the cinema. They're playing the Empire Strikes Back (the original, without the weird Kiwi Boba Fett) and at the end, they play Jedi as well just for the hell of it. Afterwards, we go for a mooch in Borders (sadly, now defunct) and I buy some comics (Sin City: To Hell and Back, or something by Alan Moore). We go for a Domino's for dinner, I have the Texas BBQ and it's heavenly. Then, when we get home, I find that Fallout: New Vegas has been released nine months early, and is sitting on my doorstep. I check my Youtube account to see that The Adventures of Findo Gask has reached a million views. I install Fallout, and play past midnight. Okay, so there's an element of Fantasy involved here, but that is my Perfect Day.

2. Describe one of the best moments in your life:

I trained as an Actor in London, and one of the best moments in my life was the first time i performed in the West End. From Curtain Up to the end of the party to celebrate opening night, I felt like we were the Kings and Queens of Men. It was amazing.

3. What is your most common nightmare?

I have this post-apocalyptic nightmare that I'm living in a shanty town on the Coast in the last human settlement. There's nothing action packed or anything like that, it's just that there's now only about twenty or so people left on the planet. I'm freezing cold, but for some reason I'm only wearing a T-Shirt. Then I get terrible toothache, and when I touch my gums, all my teeth explode outwards and my gums are filled with rotting fish guts. THEN I WAKE UP!!!!! Frank honesty to share with the Superpunch community, but if there are any psychologists out there, I'd love to know what it means!

4. What are your three favorite possessions?

My iPhone - I don't care about Android or whatever, I got my iPhone for Christmas after years of wanting, and I can't imagine life without it.
My Laptop - this is how I keep in touch with old friends and family, watch films, make films, plan lessons (My day job is that of a Drama Teacher), see what's happening in the world, etc. Without it, I'd be blind (I include my modem in this)
A Signed Photo of Alec Guinness my brother got me for Christmas a few years back. I'm not really an ornament guy, but Guinness is/was my hero, and my brother never usually gets good presents.

5. What is your goal for 2010?

To quit my sh*t job, try and get an agent and either resume my acting career OR make one bitchin-ass independent film! I'll probably wimp out and stay in my job, but then this goal can just be transferred to next year (and the next year, etc. until the sweet release of death.)

6. What super power would you most like to have?

Interesting... If I could only have one, it would be Telepathy. However, if I could combine a few (Superman gets about twenty, why can't I?) then I would combine the Telepathy of Charles Xavier with the mutton Chops of Wolverine, the sardonic wit of Deadpool, the costume of the Punisher and the strength of Colossus. Also, I could fly. And see through women's underwear.

*Previously: Read more Super Punch interviews here.

*Buy x-ray glasses at Amazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment