Friday, January 28, 2011

Link roundup

1. Lifehacker recommends this program if you're afraid you might lose your Android phone.

2. Steve Niles:
Can I say something I’ve wanted to say for a long time? If you like something, tell your friends. If you love it, tell the world. But if you hate something, just throw it away, don’t buy it again and move on. We spend way too much time tearing shit down. I just want to try the other direction for a while.
I try to follow that philosophy for this blog - - there's so much great stuff in the world, why waste your time dwelling on the bad? Via.

3. Speaking of, Incognito by Ed Brubaker* and Sean Phillips is the best comic I've read in recent memory. If I wanted to introduce (or reintroduce) an adult to comics, this is what I'd give them. It starts off like a crime drama, and ends up as super hero pulp. Great art, great writing. $13 at Amazon.

(*I haven't really been a very big fan of the other comics I've read by Brubaker.)

No comments:

Post a Comment