Monday, February 6, 2012

Here's what happened right after Woody Harrelson's disastrous AMA at Reddit

Vice was scheduled to interview Woody Harrelson right after his disastrous ask me anything session at Reddit:
Before they went into Woody's hotel suite, I met the girls who were conducting the AMA. They seemed sweet, so I didn't mind the additional wait—imagining that they might butter him up with a light-hearted Q&A before Woody and I got down to business.

Ten minutes later, a stampede charged the waiting room, each person whispering furiously and cupping their mouths in horror. I didn’t hear everything but I knew it wasn’t good. The only fragments I could make out were something about “de-virginizing a high schooler” and “really angry.” I immediately broke out in hives and my mind went blank. Seconds later I was called into the next room to chat with a visibly irritated Woody Harrelson.

Unlike the interviews before mine, his publicist wasn’t present for whatever reason; it was just the two of us. I shook his hand and introduced myself and before I could settle in he asked what VICE was. I gave him a quick rundown of the particulars, but he seemed completely unimpressed and instead fired back by asking, "What's the raciest thing you guys have ever done?"

By this point towering over me, sitting on the back of the couch in front of mine and making me extremely uncomfortable.
And then the interview started.

No comments:

Post a Comment