Sunday, April 26, 2009

Scrabble Hula, Yoga, and Sumo commercials

Terrific animated advertisements for Scrabble by Ogilvy & Mather, Paris. The first ad is called "The Beautiful World."



My two-year-old son loves the song so much that I investigated and found the website of its creator - - C4. Here's what he says about the song:
The creative team gave me 30 words and asked me to make a song that would work with animation. The words were so random, it was really a challenge to write them in a way that would make sense.I decided to make a character by faking a british accent and talk about a dream the man had about a Hula dancer. For those who don’t know, I am not British at all so this was a bit of a stretch but it worked out in the end!
You can download an mp3 of the song at the link.

Here are the other two ads in the campaign - - "Yoga" and "Sumo":





Via.

*Previously: Scrabble pillows.

*Buy vintage advertising at eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment